Friday, March 19, 2010

Julia Child's Coq au Vin

Learning to cook better has been a goal of mine for a while now. I started off learning Italian recipes. But since I have started the 101 list I am switiching to French recipes from Julia Child's cook book. My first meal to conquer was Coq au Vin. It was a great deal of fun to make. Required a LOT of alcohol.1/4 cup of Cognac and 3 cups Chianti. I had half a bottle of Chianti myself while preparing the meal. I haven't ever lit a dish on fire before so that was definately an adventure. I had a picture of water standing closely by to ensure that I didn't burn the kitchen down. If you look closely in the picture you can see the flames.
It took a lot longer to prepare than the book said it would but the next day I took it to work and had a couple of people try it with me. Everyone agreed. It was very good. Not sure when I will try the next recipe it might be a couple of weeks. I am sure the next recipe will be just as exciting to make. Most of her recipes look like there seems to be a twist to them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment